Special Tax Planning for Large IRAs
2014 Kish Bank Wealth Management Estate Planning for Inherited IRA Trust Series
Kish Bank is hosting the continuation of the 2014 Estate Planning Inherited IRA Trust Series on Thursday, August 28th, 2014 - at 3:00 p.m., featuring nationally renowned CPA and IRA taxation expert, Robert Keebler. It is our pleasure to invite you to join us for this Kish Bank Complimentary workshop.
This seminar will present “Special Tax Planning for Large IRAs.”
Large IRAs are a ticking time bomb, and you better know how to defuse them. The good news is that many of your clients (and prospects) have saved substantial taxes by contributing to IRAs (and qualified retirement plans that may rollover to IRAs soon). The better news is that their IRA (or company plan) investments may have grown in size over time and they now have a retirement fund of $250,000, half a million or more.
This bad news is your clients (and prospects) likely have no IRA or retirement plan “exit strategy” at all. And, without it, they’re going to get walloped with income taxes when it comes time to draw them down.
You have an opportunity to be a “hero” if you know:
- How the new “5 tier” income tax system may have devastating consequences for large IRAs
- When and how to use Roth conversions (not only with IRAs but with 401(k)s, too)
- Appropriate situations for the use of IRA “relocation” strategies
- “Smart” stretch IRA planning
- Why and how to isolate “basis”
- How testamentary charitable remainder trusts can act as an escape valve
- The possible negative impact of naming a trust as IRA beneficiary (and how to minimize it)
Learn all this and more by joining us and IRA taxation expert, Robert Keebler, on Thursday, August 28, 2014 for a special presentation entitled, “Special Tax Planning for Large IRAs”.
The program will begin at 3:00 p.m. in the boardroom at Kish Bank Financial Center, North Atherton location, 2610 Green Tech Drive, State College. The workshop continues until 4:30 p.m. And just as tax planning for large IRAs is judicious, taxes are the most important drag on investment returns—greater than inflation, transaction costs or management fees, and if time permits we’ll review Robert’s 75 point ‘Tax Alpha® Checklist.”
Please contact me to register by Friday, August 22nd. Seating is limited, so I encourage you to make your reservation as early as possible. If one of your colleagues is interested in attending, please extend this invitation to him or her.
Also, please look below for dates and times of additional estate planning seminars in the coming weeks:
September 10th, NAEPC sponsored webinar; “In-home, Private-duty Care is on the Rise: Understanding the Impact of New Legislation and How to Help Clients with Employment Risks & Responsibilities.” 3:00-4:00.
September 11th offering, “The IRA Inheritance Trust®” offered under license through Kish Bank, Legal Document Form & Training Package, 2:00-4:30
- September 16, 2014, 12:30 - 2:30, “In the Salt Mines With Qualified Retirement Plans and IRAs,” See-through trusts and conduit trusts -- not the same thing! Spousal and non-spousal IRA rollovers - The latest developments in creditor protection for inherited IRAs, Prohibited transactions.
We hope you can make it to these workshops. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 814-861-4660 x8277 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daniel Keane, CTFA, AEP
VP, Wealth Management Advisor & Trust Officer
O# 814.861.4660 x8277 | F# 814.861.5675 | C# 814.380.4405
2610 Green Tech Drive, State College, PA 16803